Well, I’ve been using Maven for about 15 years and I didn’t know that you could
use that format. The output of ‘mvn --help’ shows the options with a space
instead of an equals sign, e.g.:

 -s,--settings <arg>                    Alternate path for the user
                                        settings file

So, that’s why we’ve been using spaces.

Nils.