Maven Ant Tasks has been retired in favor of Maven Artifact Resolver Ant Tasks.
There is no official migration path and the documentation is, well, OK.

We used Maven Ant Tasks to stage our jars into Sonatype for publication in
Maven Central. I've been able to almost completely replicate that behavior in
Maven Artifact Resolver Ant Tasks, but I haven't been able to sign the jars.

Does anybody know how this should be performed? Previously, I'd add a

<arg value="org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin:1.3:sign-and-deploy-file"
/>

in the <artifact:mvn> task. Now I have a <resolve:deploy> task

<resolver:deploy>
<pom file="pom.xml"/>
<remoterepo id="${maven-staging-repository-id}" url
="${maven-staging-repository-url}"/>
<artifact file="${maven-jar}" type="jar"/>
<artifact file="${maven-sources-jar}" type="jar" classifier="sources"/>
<artifact file="${maven-javadoc-jar}" type="jar" classifier="javadoc"/>
</resolver:deploy>

and it works perfectly, but no signing.

Ciao,

                                                         seba