I use runtime scope a lot, but personally can't recall having needed
the equivalent of a test-runtime scope myself (or, more likely, I
could get away with test compile scope even though the dependency was
only needed at test runtime). But just because I haven't needed it
doesn't mean there are no legit circumstances.