On 7/18/2023 9:16 AM, Hervé Boutemy wrote:

Le lundi 17 juillet 2023, 22:49:16 CEST Slawomir Jaranowski a écrit :
Hi

Please try a never version of Maven and m-resources-p
Maven 3.3.9 is EOL - https://maven.apache.org/docs/history.html

m-resources-p has no parameter "resources"
m-resources-p has a resources parameter
https://github.com/apache/maven-resources-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/resources/ResourcesMojo.java#L77

but as it is marked read-only, you're right that it's not documented, as it's
not expected to be configured in a pom.xml
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/resources-mojo.html

And if configured, as the user expects, it should fail instead of trying to
configure.

@Nikos on your strange behaviour change detected in Maven 3.3.9, perhaps it's a
consequence of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5440
But again, given you're not supposed to configure this read-only parameter,
this is an invalid usage

With Maven 3.9, you should get a warning when trying to configure:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-7464

Indeed, you're right! I can see the warning with maven 3.9.

And in the future, I suppose we should switch from warning to fail.

That makes more sense to me as well. And based on the issue [1] that you pointed out,
I understand that this used to be the case for maven 2.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5001

But given it was not enforced since early 3.0, we need to move step by step to
let users detect when they use a read-only parameter (sometimes, it has been
useful...)

Regards,

Hervé

Thanks,