I think that is based on:

<groupId>org.jvnet.jaxb2.maven2</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-jaxb2-plugin</artifactId>

Which, I can't get to work with JDK17 and to be compatible with the rest of
my app has to be at Java EE 10.

I'm currently trying to use:

<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>jaxb2-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>3.1.0</version>

As it's current; seems to support JDK17 Java 10 well.  But it seems they
dropped support for -X argument options.  Or I just can't find how it's
supported.

I have also tried:

<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
<artifactId>cxf-xjc-plugin</artifactId>
<version>4.0.0</version>

And it too is current, supports JDK17 and Java 10.  It does have extension
support for:

toString
defaultValue

But does not have support for:
equals
hashCode

And those I would really like to have.  Trying to find a way to have all 4
of those options.

-Dave