I am using a surefire dependency like below. Do I have to add anything in
the plugin dependency for running tests in parallel using Junit5?

<plugin>
  <version>3.1.2</version>
</plugin>

I will see if I can reproduce it in a small project. In the meantime, if I
can share some debug logs from surefire which can help in debugging the
issue let me know, and I can do that.

Also, if there are any open issues related to this in Surefire, can you
please share its link so that I can track them on my end?