Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:11:29 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:

I'm not familiar with this attribute but looking at <https://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd>:

If I'm reading this correctly, it says the attribute could/should be added to the children of the <configuration> element, and not on that element itself.  Then I don't know why it works in the command-line run. I guess others would provide more detail.

This also appears suggested by the documentation referenced in the same <configuration> element description:

https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#advanced_configuration_inheritance

--
Stanimir