From: Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2023 6:43:15 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Can the jar plugin respect .gitignore?

Hello,

Joseph Kesselman wrote on 11. Nov 2023 17:27 (GMT +01:00):
> ... Right. I was thinking specifically about source assembly, where a good
> initial approximation is to include the same files checked into git.

If you stick to the maven way, this is pretty trivial: you only need to exclude
the target/ directory - or only include the src/ directory which is common for
-src artifacts. I fully agree, don’t try to mold maven projects in a custom
structure… it can be done to some extend, but it will not make you happy.

Gruß
Bernd
—
https://bernd.eckenfels.net