Thanks Tamás..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 10.11.23 17:24, Tamás Cservenák wrote:
It changed domain
https://blog.soebes.io/posts/2017/04/2017-04-02-maven-pom-files-without-a-version-in-it/

HTH

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 5:19 PM Eric B <ebenza...@gmail.com> wrote:

Many years ago Karl Heinz Marbaise had written a blog about the beginning
of Maven 3.5's support of CI versioning numbers with the specific
parameters that are interpolated by maven.  I always used to refer new
developers to that blog that were trying to understand the complexities of
using Maven and versioning in a CI environment.

It used to be hosted at: http://blog.soebes.de/blog/2017/04/02/maven
-pom-files-without-a-version-in-it/
<http://blog.soebes.de/blog/2017/04/02/maven-pom-files-without-a-version-in-it/>

But that site is now unfortunately dead (404).

I had always found that it was a very good intro to the problem and helped
clarify things well, including the need for using the flatten-plugin, etc.

Does anyone know if that blog is still available, but posted elsewhere, or
alternatively any good sites to help newcomers to the CICD problems with
Maven?  Clearly, there is the default documentation on Maven itself (
https://maven.apache.org/maven-ci-friendly.html) but is anything
additional
that I can reference newcomers to?

Specifically, I am looking for best-practices for automated Jenkins
builds/pipelines/etc when integrated with CI variables.

Thanks!

Eric