Op 15-12-2023 om 18:01 schreef David Hoffer:
Is it possible to configure maven-checkstyle-plugin to use one of the
project's modules as the source of the checkstyle XML file?

E.g. I have the plugin configured like this:

<plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>${maven-checkstyle-plugin.version}</version>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>com.puppycrawl.tools</groupId>
             <artifactId>checkstyle</artifactId>
             <version>10.12.3</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>com.bs.arm.a2dl</groupId>
             <artifactId>a2dl-build-tools</artifactId>
             <version>${project.version}</version>
         </dependency>
     </dependencies>
     <configuration>
         <configLocation>a2dl/google_checks.xml</configLocation>
         <consoleOutput>true</consoleOutput>
         <failsOnError>true</failsOnError>
         <linkXRef>false</linkXRef>
     </configuration>
     <executions>
         <execution>
             <id>verify-checkstyle</id>
             <phase>verify</phase>
             <goals>
                 <goal>check</goal>
             </goals>
         </execution>
     </executions>
</plugin>

The problem is the plugin is looking in my .m2 folder or Maven proxy server
for this dependency.

  <dependency>
             <groupId>com.bs.arm.a2dl</groupId>
             <artifactId>a2dl-build-tools</artifactId>
             <version>${project.version}</version>
  </dependency>

But it doesn't exist there yet as its a module of my/this project so its
one of the modules in the Maven build reactor.  Is it possible to configure
the plugin to use the project modules for this?

You could try adding it as a (test) scoped dependency to the project as well so the reactor knows when to build it.