Gary,

you obviously did not read my message carefully. Please read one more
time. You will find out, that I did not call Maven's position ridiculous
*at all*, but on the contrary agreed with it, calling it a totally
valid statement.

What I called and am still calling ridiculous, is the wrong reason given
for that valid statement. Karl Heinz basically said: "We do not have a
timeline, because we are an OSS project." But the latter is not a valid
reason. A project can be an OSS project and have a loose or even a very
strict timeline. I even gave examples. Another project can be OSS or
commerial in nature, but not have a timeline. There is no causal
relationship between the "OSS yes/no" property of a project and its
"timeline yes/no" property. It is an individual decision each single OSS
project makes independently for its own reasons - or rather, the reasons
of its constituent team members. Those team members are human beings,
have daytime jobs, private obligations and interests. They are free in
their decisions, how much time they want to dedicate to the OSS project.
This is to be respected and not to be ridiculed in any way. But again,

>>> We are an open source project. We don't have a release timeline.

... is not sound reasoning. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a
duck, I take the liberty to call it ridiculous. Not the fact as such,
just the reason given.

Clear enough for you now, too?

Regards
--