Maven colors logging output by default when possible (`--color=auto`, see
https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.8.7/maven-embedder/cli.html), so Maven code
(including plugins) should log errors via the logging API used by Maven (SLF4J,
see https://maven.apache.org/maven-logging.html) instead of `System.err`.

Or are you looking to colorize errors from your application when it is run by
Maven, instead of errors logged by Maven or one of its plugins?

Nils.