Asf wiki is not the best place for brainstorming, as is usable only for
people w asf accounts (i guess).

What if we create a repo like "maven-rfc", where anyone can raise PRs (new
functionality, change requests or just ideas), these would be like
"proposals", that we discuss and modify specs w PRs, and once proposal
considered "complete", it can be moved to "to be implemented" state (those
could be plain directories), maybe even version those things?

And then implementation can happen based on documented
requirements/functionality?