On 26.06.24 21:26, Robert Turner wrote:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 5:12 AM Karl Heinz Marbaise
<khmarba...@gmx.de.invalid> wrote:

Hi,

On 26.06.24 03:51, Robert Turner wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 8:36 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise
<khmarba...@gmx.de.invalid> wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correct, because based on the
copy-dependencies goal as stated in the docs:

"Goal that copies the project dependencies from the repository to a
defined location."

it copies as stated...

The question is what you expect to be copied and furthermore the the
more important question: Why do you need to copy those parts?

Sorry if it wasn't very clear -- I have done a bit of digging into it
just
now, and hopefully this additional information will help to explain what
I'm seeing (and I think it makes sense now, but still has an
undesirable result). (see below)

It was not the question of digging into that... The question was: Why do
need to use copy-dependencies in your build?

Ah, sorry I misunderstood.

That is a very relevant question, and for the most part, we do not need the
dependencies with our packages, except for one or two, where they become an
output artifact for executing from the command line (and the dependencies
either need to be in the JAR or accessible to the environment executing it.

In such case I would suggest, either to use maven-shade-plugin to create
an executable jar or maven-assembly-plugin instead of coping deps into a
lib directory...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise