From: Poppe, Troy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:23 AM
To: 'Maven Users List'; 'Pascal Thivent'
Subject: RE: XDoclet in Maven

What's the point of a global repository of plugins and libraries if
every project
has their own repository?

So now, I, as a developer/project maintainer, have to make sure that all
my
developers have the right list of repositories in their properties files
so they
can update their plugins.

The value of Maven as a tool to simplify things is decreased by imposing
this
type of activity on the user.  (Besides, good luck finding the
documentation that
tells a new user where to get the xdoclet plugin!)