From: Eric Giguere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 11:04 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Checkstyle: Running Very Slow

Hello
Yes, edit your own starting from the sun_check.xml.
For your config tweaks to be effective, try first locating the most common errors (and least significant in your case) and remove them from the checks that Checkstyle does.

Then, make the checkstyle plugin use that new config file by setting this property in your project.properties:
maven.checkstyle.format=custom

Note that for this to work, you must put your custom_checks.xml file in the <user_root/.maven/cache>/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.5-SNAPSHOT\plugin-res
ources

Hope it helps
Eric.

Haile, Mussie wrote:

Hej et al -

Have you guys noticed that Checkstyle is very slow? I am running a
multiproject which I need to run Checkstyle, PMD, JCaverage etc. to

collect

different metric and make sure every one is following the Sun Java

Coding

standards etc.  I have found that it is averaging between 20-55 min per
project to just run Checkstyle. I wanted to know if their is any
configuration other than the Sun_check.xml I can do to make run faster?

Thank You.

-M-