On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:14:51 -0000, Roy, Anthony <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have recently started using Maven for our build process on one of the
> projects. The project in question is in a stable state, and I want to
> version it and use the snapshot feature for the future builds. I have been
> building this project as <currentVersion>0.1</currentVersion>. Really I am
> not totally sure of how the SNAPSHOT system works.

> block to mark the stable version, and then change the project version to
> <currentVersion>SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>?

You better have to use versionned snapshot during the dev :
<currentVersion>0.2-SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>
And when the 0.2 is stable use the
<currentVersion>0.2</currentVersion> to generate the artifact ...

> Does it tie in with the version control system at all - or are the versions
> in the <versions> block purely a means of recording which stable versions
> are available in the repo?

version element in just an info about the cvs tag for an artifact.
I think you could be insterest by the deploy plugin to automate
release production

Nicolas,