I'm not sure the steps are quite right there..   The way I understand CC is
that CC handles the checkout of the code instead of Maven.  The reason is
that that is how CC knows if any changes have been made, which is then used
to decide if it should actually trigger a build.  Therefore you need to
doublec cehck CC's support for VSS, which is there.

If you are using something like the AlwaysBuild (my contrib ;-) ) or the
Timed build, then it doesn't matter if CC or Maven dos the check out, use
whichever you prefer.

Eric