FYI, Cargo does generate WL domains (using the StandaloneConfiguration -
which is the default). It would be good to know if supports your use cases
and if not I'll be happy to help make it match.

> including maven itself into Workshop. This is why I suggested a separate
> project.

Another project is very fine and there's no overlap. What I was just hinting
at is that maybe this other project would benefit from using the Cargo Java
API internally.

-Vincent