Not sure about any maven.multiproject.basedir property, but I am successfully doing this for the Apache Struts project.

Here's how I fire off the reactor (this makes sure that "shared" gets build first)

<goal name="apps:build-all">

       <maven:reactor  basedir="${basedir}"
                       includes="shared/project.xml"
                       goals="java:compile, war:webapp, war:war"
                       banner="Building default mailreader app"
                       ignoreFailures="false"/>

       <maven:reactor  basedir="${basedir}"
                       includes="*/project.xml"
                       excludes="shared/project.xml"
                       goals="java:compile, war:webapp, war:war"
                       banner="Building Struts apps"
                       ignoreFailures="false"/>
   </goal>

-- James Mitchell Software Engineer / Open Source Evangelist EdgeTech, Inc. 678.910.8017 AIM: jmitchtx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Mangi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>