Sorry for the multiple posts, but maybe someone else might have the same
problem. This is what I was doing:

  <goal name="projectco">
    <!-- Check the input required variables -->
    <attainGoal name="ccscm:checkvars" />

    <j:set var="module" value="${pom.name}" />

    <ant:echo message="MODULE: ${module}"/>
    <maven:set plugin="maven-scm-plugin" property="maven.scm.cvs.module"
value="${module}" />
    <maven:set plugin="maven-scm-plugin" property="maven.scm.checkout.dir"
value="../../../" />

    <maven:get plugin="maven-scm-plugin" property="maven.scm.cvs.module"
var="getmod" />
    <ant:echo message="MODULE: ${getmod}" />
    <attainGoal session="${context.getVariable('maven.session.global',
'parent')}" name="scm:checkout-project" />

    <ant:echo message="Done"/>
  </goal>

The error I kept getting was that maven.scm.cvs.module was not set when
scm:checkout-project was running. There's alot of debugging messages, but
the jelly:maven:set tag wasn't passing the variable to the
attainGoal(scm:checkout-project), even after I added the session
parameter(I got that hint from jira.codehaus.org). I did get
maven.scm.cvs.module set by using the simple core jelly set tag:

  <j:set var="maven.scm.cvs.module" value="${module}" />

I guess what happened is the jelly set tag is actually setting a variable
in the current context, whereas maven:set sets variables in a secondary
top level maven context(sort of like a shell), but attaingoal is running
in the current context.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Eric

"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org> on Friday, February 11, 2005