I use project properties.  Since project.properties is checked into the
CVS along with the other files in the project, any changes are
distributed to all of the other team members via CVS.  In addition, I
place the private repository in front of ibiblio for performance reasons.

 maven.repo.remote=http://myhost/maven-dir,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven

Paul Spencer

Tim Stephenson wrote:
Not sure where the official doc is - somewhere on the site - but what
we do is to set up a directory structure exactly like the local repo
or remote repositories under some web-server published directory with
just those internally-managed components in and then tell maven to
look both in the public remote repo and in our own remote repo.

This last can be done several places but I tend to use a
build.properties in the user.dir. The property will look something
like the following:

    maven.repo.remote = http://www.ibiblio.org/maven,http://myhost/maven-dir/

which tells maven to look first in the public remote repo and second
in the private remote. Of course you could reverse the order for
better performance than fetching everything from the public repo but I
prefer to minimise the stuff maintained internally.

HTH, tim