From: Jörg Schaible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:27 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: Maven Petstore

GOKULAM Jayaram wrote on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:23 AM:

> Thanks for the support Arnaud. But still it did not work.
> Though it downloaded the commons-codec jar file it again got
> into my earlier problem, as stated below.
>
> Compiling shows error again. Should I set some classpath or
> path from the command prompt?Please guide me on this. Thanks
> in advance, Jayaram

[snip]

>     [javac] Compiling 282 source files to C:\Maven
> 1.0.2\bin\target\classes\classes C:\Maven
> 1.0.2\bin\target\classes\checkouts\petstore\src\waf\src\contro
> ller\com\sun\j2ee\bluepr
> ints\waf\controller\web\flow\handlers\ClientStateFlowHandler.j
> ava:47: package org.apache.common s.codec.base64 does not
> exist import org.apache.commons.codec.base64.Base64;

[snip]

Gosh, how difficult is it to look into a jar? Base64 is in package
org.apache.commons.codec.binary. So you have to figure out, which version of
this jar you'll need, it seems quite ancient. If a common-codec.jar is also
delivered with the petshop, you may have a look into the manifest of it or use
the maven.jar.override to use this specific one directly.

- Jörg

Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt
from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing
this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this
information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by return email.