You maybe can try something like :
${pom.getPluginContext('maven-multiproject-plugin').getVariable('multiprojects')}

I know it work to acces to the plugin's properties but for an internal
one I never try.

An other way could be to do the same as multiproject ie :

    <maven:reactor
        basedir="${maven.strutsmodule.basedir}"
        banner="Gathering project list"
        includes="${maven.strutsmodule.includes}"
        excludes="${maven.strutsmodule.excludes}"
        postProcessing="true"
        collectOnly="true"
        collectionVar="projects"
        ignoreFailures="${maven.strutsmodule.ignoreFailures}"
    />

(Note : it is a copy paste from one of my own plugin so use the
multiproject properties instead ok this one)

in projects var you will have the project list

Nicolas,