Hamza & Bernhard,
Thanks dudes, it worked.The path of my local repository was wrong in the
build.properties file, when I changed it, it worked.
Thank you very much for your support.

Now am with the next problem. I have a jar file without a version,I did the
same local repository placement for this jar file, and added it in the
dependency section, as suggested by benhard
<jar>mcone_cmn.jar</version>
This time I got the following error. How should I avoid the version. Expecting
your help again.

Thanks in advance,
Jayaram

Error:
 Parse Fatal Error at line 74 column 23: The element type "jar" must be
terminated by the matchi
ng end-tag "</jar>".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "jar" must be terminated by the
matching end-ta
g "</jar>".
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.disp
atch(Unknown Source)
        at
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1527)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:203)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:122)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializeRootProject(MavenSession.java:232)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1239)
        at
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25
)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
org.apache.maven.MavenException: Error parsing project.xml 'C:\Maven
1.0.2\bin\project.xml'
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:207)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:122)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializeRootProject(MavenSession.java:232)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1239)
        at
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25
)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
--- Nested Exception ---
[...]

You have encountered an unknown error running Maven. Please help us to correct
this problem by following these simple steps:
- read the Maven FAQ at http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
- run the same command again with the '-e' parameter, eg maven -e jar
- search the maven-user archives for the error at
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- post the output of maven -e to JIRA at
http://jira.codehaus.org/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10030 (you must sign up first)
- run 'maven --info' and post the output as the environment to the bug above

Total time: 1 seconds
Finished at: Fri Mar 18 16:32:29 IST 2005