Hi all,

In a project I am currently working on - which is just about to start with
the construction phase -  we are considering to use maven. I have been
encountering maven in previous projects as well and based on these
experiences i was quite sure I will use it on many others as well.

However when i see the new roadmap description on maven site :

<<<<<<Maven 2.0 is a complete rewrite. It will not be backwards compatible
with any of the Maven 1.x releases>>>>>>,

i am having doubts on what exactly should we do right now.

To take off with the current release (1.0.2) and wait for a complete
rewrite of our build scripts? How "complete" will that rewrite actually
have to be? All what the explanation in the roadmap leaves us with is a
bit of hope that  attempts will be made to stay backward compatible in the
new 2.0 release. What about the "conceptual approach", how many things can
we expect to be different, new or completely dissapear  (multiproject,
repository, ...goals)?

Could someone point me to a document/person that can give a bit more of
vision/explanation concerning these issues? What would  you suggest to a
project that is just about to jump into maven?

Thanks.

-Sejo