I think your ear's project.xml is  missing the ear.bundle properties
in dependencies listing of
your ear project.

some thing like this

  <dependencies>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>${pom.groupId}</groupId>
      <artifactId>bookstore-common</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.currentVersion}</version>
      <properties>
         <ear.bundle>true</ear.bundle>
      </properties>

    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>${pom.groupId}</groupId>
      <artifactId>bookstore-ejb</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.currentVersion}</version>
      <type>ejb</type>
      <properties>
         <ear.bundle>true</ear.bundle>
         <ear.module>true</ear.module>
      </properties>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>${pom.groupId}</groupId>
      <artifactId>bookstore-webapp</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.currentVersion}</version>
      <type>war</type>
      <properties>
        <ear.bundle>true</ear.bundle>
        <ear.appxml.war.context-root>bookstore</ear.appxml.war.context-root>
      </properties>
    </dependency>

  </dependencies>

Check out ear plugin for more detail.