Gosh this Maven 2 is beginning to sound really good !

Now the waiting will be even harder :)

cheers,
 Serge...

Brett Porter wrote:

Will there be a facility in the new (maven 2) POM to specify the default
goals required to build the artifact (either fully stated ${pom.goals}
or determined by some other variable ${pom.type}?).

The latter, yes. We may add a default to the POM later.

Also will there be
a means to specify plugins and their minimum version requirements
in the dependencies?

yes

I think I caught talk about even specifying the
difference in dependencies between build/run/test/cactus/integration time,
is this categorization the ability I'm looking for?

yes

Cheers,
Brett