I imagine you can ask Vincent if there was evolution since 2003 (he
read this list so he can aswer...)

In fact it his an elegant solution as you can produce one artifact per
ear (it is the maven politic too) for each server kind/environement.
The specific goes in application and you reuse module (jar/war/...)
who are généric by definition.

It is the structure I use in my compagny and using multiproject with
it make that our maven.xml his "very" small.

Nicolas,