I also had a problem with java1.5+maven - what I did is modify the maven installation - I don't remember exactly what I did, but I know my "MAVEN_HOME/lib/endorsed" dir is empty, and I remember modifying the maven.bat file to NOT add the "-Djavax.xml.parser....." and "-Djavax.xml.SAXParser...." properties.

The problem I think was that java5 changed the xml parser's package names, and caused some collisions.

Perhaps there is a better solution someone here can suggest (I definitly don't like messing with Maven's home).

Chris DeJong wrote:

I'm building several project with maven, some of which build with a
JAVA_HOME set to 1.4, some with 1.5 (aka Java5).

So far, I can't get the 1.4 projects to build with a 1.5 JAVA_HOME, even
if I set maven.compile.executable and maven.compile.source to 1.4.  The
build fails on our xjc task.  The 1.4 installation handles XML
differently, and has jar files in its endorsed directory.

I'm actually calling maven from cruisecontrol, so I would prefer to be
able to handle all of this from inside of maven somehow, and not have to
modify my environment settings outside of maven.  Then I can have one
cruisecontrol job build everything, regardless of jdk version.

One easy fix would be to specify a different JAVA_HOME for a build.  Is
there some way to do this?

Thanks!

--Chris