it's not exactly useful in the context of plugging the sources into
the IDE. The goal will just zip the project directory. java sources
don't show up at the root of the zip but somehwere down the structure,
like in src/java folder.
And besides that, if your project pom extends some other POM, the
parent definitions won't make it into the distribution zip. -> it can
happen that sources will not be buildable anyway, because the pom
misses dependencies, or resources.

Milos