I'm not 100% sure when I say this, but you should NEVER need to specify
a plugin as a dependency of a project. It will not be bound into the
build lifecycle, and cannot be configured here...in short, it's not seen
as a plugin, but as a compile-, run-, or test-time dependency ONLY. See
MNG-361 for more info (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-361).

- -john