I'll assume you mean using eclipse for a mavenized project since
that's as far as my experience goes.  I've had good luck with the
eclipse plugin for generating .project and .classpath files.    Just
type 'maven eclipse' and a .project and .classpath will be created for
your project.  Then just import that project into your eclipse
workspace.