From: Smith, Thad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 9:08 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Multi-language projects

Hi,

I'm new to Maven and am looking at it to unify the build processes for all of
the internal products my group supports. We have several J2EE projects that
we're working on which makes Maven a good fit. But we also have several
non-Java projects and what's worse is that some of our J2EE projects have other
languages intertwined such as Perl and C and even some proprietary languages.

I'm looking for two things...First, is anyone else out there using Maven to
successfully manage non-java projects like this? If so, do you have any
experiences/best practices that you can share?

Secondly, Are there any plugins out there to do Perl validation or C
compilation? My intuition is no since I can't find them on any of the Maven
plugin pages. I wanted to make sure before I go writing my own.

Regards,

Thad Smith
Senior Software Engineer
Electric Reliability Council of Texas