On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 11:40 -0400, Maven Users List wrote:
> Is there a URL which explains how to develop a Maven 1.x plugin?  I
> have
> searched through the Maven site and haven't found any documention on
> how to
> develop a plugin.  I must be looking in the wrong place.

I have some unfinished, unofficial docs at:
http://source.concord.org/softwaredocs/maven_build/index.html
specifically,
http://source.concord.org/softwaredocs/maven_build/jelly_hints.html

The best way to learn about it seems to be to download other plugins and
browse the code.

> Also, can the repository be used to distribute custom plugins to the
> local
> developer community?

Yes. When deploying plugins, the repository creates a 'plugins'
directory where the plugin jars go rather than the 'jars' directory.