Hi John,

The book is about m1. There are lots of concepts that remain the same
between m1 and m2 so while waiting for a book focusing purely on m2 it can
still be useful. In places where a concept differs, this has been
highlighted in the book. Some advices have been given here and there to have
an m1 build that can be migrated as easily as possible to m2.

That said, the question really is: should I use m1 or m2? It's a valid
question that lots of people are going to ask themselves... and one answer
is there:

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven1.html#m1-or-m2

Thanks
-Vincent