On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 17:03 +0100, Richardson, Simon (Treasury) wrote:
> Jason
>
> I'm setting up a POC with Maven 1 and would like to ensure that we have a
> suitable project repository structure to enable a switch from Ant (our
> current build tool) to Maven 1.  If there is agreement in both camps on a
> structure then I would like to use that.

Subsequent versions of m1 are going to move to the new repository layout
as we back porting as many of the features in m2 as we can. That said we
have pretty comprehensive tools for converting POMs and repositories and
when Maven 2.0 arrives we're pretty confident people will be able to
easily move from m1 to m2.

> I've had a look for the "repository mailing list at Apache" and cannot find
> such a thing - probably need to look harder!
>
> Could you point me in the right direction?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Regards
>
> Simon

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition