Hi all

I'm building a EAR with multiple modules:

- WEB module
- EJB jar module
- java jar module

I did find out that is very comfortable to use POM inheritance, by writing a
central Project.xml, and having all the others extending from it, like :

<extend>${basedir}/../project.xml</extend>

However there is a problem when building versioned modules.  Maven checks out
the code from CVS into a directory like:

   ${my-project-home}/target/checkouts

This way Maven expects the parent POM to be located in the 'checkouts'
directory of every module that is used in my project.

Is there any way to dynamically refer to 1 parent POM when using a repository?
Is there also a solution to versioning the parent POM, in order to be able to
extend from the correct parent pom version when building the EAR?

Walter.