Apologies... I appear to be answering my own questions!

The MAVEN_HOME environment variable *is required* and needs to be set before
running a Maven build from Eclipse using the Mevenide plugin.  I have now
removed the maven.home=c:\maven-1.0.2 from the External Tools / Arguments
and my build now completes.  However ...

Is still get an error launching the Maven build:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Jun 02, 2005 12:37:00.704
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.getProcessConsoleManager()Lorg/e
clipse/debug/internal/ui/views/console/ProcessConsoleManager;
        at
org.mevenide.ui.eclipse.launch.configuration.MavenLaunchDelegate.launch(Mave
nLaunchDelegate.java:143)
        at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfigurati
on.java:569)
        at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.jav
a:788)
        at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:955)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

This is a genuine problem for me and I have no idea what course to follow.

My configuration is:
jsk                             j2sdk1.4.2_05
Eclipse                                 Version: 3.0.2
Mevenide Config         0.7.0.
Mevenide Core                   0.7.0
Mevenide Eclipse Help Plugin    0.3.0
Mevenide Goals Grabber  0.8.0
Mevenide Grammar                0.6.0
Mevenide UI                     0.3.1

Regards

Simon

"MMS <hbosplc.com>" made the following annotations.
For more information on HBOS Treasury Services, please visit
http://www.HBOSTS.com

Or for details of our online FX & Deposit services, please go to
http://www.HBOSdeal.com

HBOS Treasury Services plc is part of the HBOS Group, which also includes
Halifax plc and Bank of Scotland.
Registered Office: 33 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1HZ. Registered No.
2692890. Registered in England.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for
the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any
problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. This
mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the
HBOS Treasury Services plc network. HBOS Treasury Services plc will not be
liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from
alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of
any virus being passed on.

HBOS Treasury Services plc reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail
messages sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or
detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring its effective
operation.