Thanks for the reply Mike.  I will gladly try anything at this point!!  :-|

That change causes some type of recursion!  Before it crashes, there are 7
nested "multiproject" dirs under the subproject build dir.  And now nothing is
under the multiproject build dir.

Hmm, either using multiproject:site is not correct or this continues to point to
something configured incorrectly...

Any further thoughts very welcome!  Thanks!