Ok, I have a better understanding now that I've seen your properties.

Seems this is a bug introduced in the latest version. I will work on a
fix immediately. I will verify the other bug you originally reported
doesn't exist either.

You can also rollback using plugin:download -Dversion=1.4.1 with the
rest of the parameters the same to get back to the last working
version.

Also, you can use:
maven.repo.profilium.scp.executable=c:/path/to/plink
instead of renaming an executable on the path.

Cheers,
Brett