I'm on day one of having Maven build my project, so I really have no
idea what I'm doing!  :)

I've created a remote repository on my local drive to hold some JARs
that aren't on Ibiblio.  Everything seems to be fine with the
exception that I can't actually load anything from it when I declare a
dependency.  (Technically there's only one library in the repository,
so who knows if I have it setup correctly at all).

I'm getting an error message:

[INFO] Main Error:
  Unsupported Protocol:
  commons-sandbox:commons-id:0.1-dev:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, file://dev/repository,
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Root error:
  Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagonfile.

So, if you can lend me any insight into how I can fix this,
puuuhleease let me know!  Thanks.