On 6/22/05, Chris Bozic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This wouldn't have to cause transitive dependencies to fail.  The
> project's repo could (and probably should) meet the layout of the
> regular local repo.  What I am really looking for is less of a "jar
> override" and more of a way to specify a project's local repo in my
> pom.xml.  Like this:

> <repositories>
>         <repository>
>                 <id>local</id>
>                 <name>local</name>
>                 <url>/home/cbozic/workspace/myproject/localrepo</url>
>         </repository>
> </repositories>

Sorry, I misunderstood, as this isn't really like JAR overrides.

You can already do what you are after:
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven-model/maven.html#class_Repository

What you probably want to do is make the URL a property specified in
your settings.xml so that other developers can set their own location,
or set it to a default and they can override it from settings.xml.

The URL would be file://localhost/home/... btw.

Cheers,
Brett