Hello maven-users,

I would like to use Maven (1.02) for a production environment involving mostly Tomcat servers.

My intention was to use the distribution plugin to upload an archive with both the docs and the .war file for a webapp. However the "maven dist" target packs an archive with a jar file, and i could not find a property that would let me build the archive with a war file instead of a jar file.

Using maven war:dist is not a good solution for me, because i need to provide the docs with the webapp.

Is there a simple way (maven.xml, ...) to build a tar.gz file with a .war and the docs? Or should i write my own plugin?

Best thanks

Xavier de Labouret