[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I just installed Eclipse 3.1 and the Maven IDE from
(http://mevenide.codehaus.org/update/3.0/site.xml).  The Maven IDE appears
to be installed correctly, but it doesn't recognize the project.xml.  It
does recognize the plugin.jelly of the plugins I have written.  I have the
Maven icon on the plugin.jelly file and the list of plugins to execute
appear in the Outline when it is selected.

When I select the project.xml file the editor treats it as a standard text
file.  However, the open with has the Project Object Model editor option.
If I select the POM Editor I get the 9 tabs, but the GUI for each tab
appears to be some what corrupted.

Has anyone else discovered this and hopefully figured out a solution.

If your Eclipse 3.1 and the Maven IDE are working great, I think the Jboss
IDE plugin corrupted my install.  Any hints would be appreciated.

Bud Curtis
JDIMS Project
L-3 Communications
(719) 637-5633

Bud -

You should post this on the user list on mevenide.codehaus.org. You will get more help there. There are known issues of the POM editor with "poorly-formed" project.xml files (the file is not necessarily wrong, POM editor is just too strict). Also, I would try doing a fresh eclipse install to make sure jboss is not getting in the way.

jeff

--
jeff bonevich
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Arthur C. Clarke

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook

"All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors."
Unknown