Hi

the plugin we wrote for javacc is not really a patched version of the
the maven-javacc-plugin. I did not open a jira issue yet, as I considered
it to be 'competitive' with the maven-javacc one and felt it not-done
to add it as issue to their list.

When we started using m1, we thought the javacc plugin was missing generality
and some other plugins for tools delivered by sun were missing, such as
rmic and idlj. We needed to run those tools in one project, on multiple
sources with different options.

In m1 that functionality can easily be written into a maven.xml
and if that functionality needs to be shared, changing the plugin into
plugin.jelly is almost trivial.

As far as I understand the maven.xml disappeared in m2. So it would
probably be a good idea if the sun tools (rmic, idlj and javacc being a
special one though) would be supported by maven plugins.

Ours are available (for anyone) for maven 1:

http://java.freehep.org/freehep-jcc-plugin
http://java.freehep.org/freehep-rmic-plugin
http://java.freehep.org/freehep-idlj-plugin

or from the repository:

http://java.freehep.org/maven

groupId = freehep
artifactId and version = freehep-jcc-plugin-1.0, freehep-rmic-1.0 and
freehep-idlj-1.0

When we move to m2, we would rewrite them if no other functionality is
available.

Regards
Mark