Have you looked at this thread?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=112013632905808&w=2

I had the same issue, it was caused by a missing
element in the pom.xml.  I also saw the error with an
extra element (<id> should not be there).

Regards,

David Le Strat.

--- Unico Hommes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am following the "Developing Plugins with
> Marmalade" tutorial on the
> Maven 2 website. Following the instructions to the
> letter of creating
> the pom.xml and the hello world marmalade script
> running 'm2 install'
> gives me the following NPE:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at

org.codehaus.marmalade.metamodel.AbstractMarmaladeTagLibrary.createTa
> g(AbstractMarmaladeTagLibrary.java:59)
>        at

org.codehaus.marmalade.metamodel.MarmaladeTagBuilder.build(MarmaladeT
> agBuilder.java:67)
>        at

org.codehaus.marmalade.metamodel.MarmaladeTagBuilder.build(MarmaladeT
> agBuilder.java:83)
>        at

org.codehaus.marmalade.metamodel.MarmaladeTagBuilder.build(MarmaladeT
> agBuilder.java:83)
>        at

org.codehaus.marmalade.metamodel.ScriptBuilder.build(ScriptBuilder.ja
> va:51)
>        at

org.codehaus.marmalade.launch.MarmaladeLauncher.buildScript(Marmalade
> Launcher.java:264)
>        at

org.codehaus.marmalade.launch.MarmaladeLauncher.getMarmaladeScript(Ma
> rmaladeLauncher.java:313)
>        at

org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.extractor.marmalade.MarmaladeMojoDescri

ptorExtractor.extractMojoDescriptors(MarmaladeMojoDescriptorExtractor.java:89)
>        at

org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.extractor.AbstractScriptedMojoDescripto

rExtractor.execute(AbstractScriptedMojoDescriptorExtractor.java:34)
>        at

org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.scanner.DefaultMojoScanner.populatePlug
> inDescriptor(DefaultMojoScanner.java:69)
>        at

org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.AbstractGeneratorMojo.execute(Abstract
> GeneratorMojo.java:93)
>        at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
> nManager.java:401)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
> ultLifecycleExecutor.java:169)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
> fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
> ltLifecycleExecutor.java:129)
>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
> fecycleExecutor.java:103)
>        at

org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.processProject(DefaultMaven.java:261)
>        at

org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:180)
>        at

org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:269)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>        at

> java:39)
>        at

> sorImpl.java:25)
>        at
>        at

org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:303)
>        at

org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:243)
>        at

org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:416)

>        at

org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:363)

> Anybody know what's wrong?
>
> - --
> Unico

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]