How do I know the difference between a plugin that will not get converted to
M2 and one that is planned but not done yet?  A follow on question on that
is - When a plugin is on the list with the red X in M2 column, what does
that mean?

For example, M1 plugins we use that do not have a green check mark or N/A in
the M2 column

Cruise control
Dashboard
Junit report
JXR
Simian
Validator

Or is it assumed that all will eventually get either replaced or converted?

I would also like to confirm that this list is only for tracking plugins
shipping with Maven, e.g. not the SF plugins.