Hello Martin,

Thanks for answering.
the only problem is that I am using Maven2 and it appears there is no sun groupid in the m2 repo...

Martin Burger wrote:

Hello,

I added JDK's tools.jar as follows:

project.properties:
=== snip ===
maven.jar.override=on
maven.jar.tools=${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar
=== snap ===

project.xml
=== snip ===
       <!-- Sun's tool.jar -->
       <dependency>
           <groupId>sun</groupId>
           <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
           <type>jar</type>
       </dependency>
=== snap ===

That solution taken from the list is not platform independent: On Mac OS X there's no tools.jar. Instead these classes are located in Apple's classes.jar.

So, if I want to use that project with Maven on Mac OS X Maven will try to find tools.jar in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/lib but will fail - there's no tools.jar as described above.

So, do you know any solution for that problem? Commenting out the dependency is no valid solution... ;-)

Regards,
   Martin