Sure... Here's an example of my Ant JAR target:

    <target name="jar" depends="compile">
        <jar manifest="${src.dir}/tutorial/example2/manifest.mf"
            jarfile="${bundle.dir}/${bundle.name}.jar"
            basedir="${output.dir}">
            <include name="**"/>
        </jar>
    </target>

Basically, I've got a manifest.mf file in the source tree of my osgi
bundle, which happens to look something like this:

Bundle-Activator: tutorial.example6.Activator
Import-Package: tutorial.example5.service
Bundle-Name: Spell Check Client
Bundle-Description: A bundle that uses the spell check service
Bundle-Vendor: Some Vendor Name
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0

The Ant task *merges* my custom manifest with some tool generated
manifest entries and produces a manifest file in the jar's /meta-inf
directory that looks like this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.1
Created-By: 1.5.0_03-b07 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Bundle-Activator: tutorial.example2.Activator
Export-Package: tutorial.example2.service
Bundle-Name: English Dictionary
Bundle-Description: A bundle that registers an English dictionary
service
Bundle-Vendor: Some Vendor Name
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0

> Unfortunately the JAR plugin documentation does not yet go
> deep enough into the manifest element, but it's fields are seen here:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/jar-mojo.html
>
> <archive> is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-a
rchiver/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiver/MavenArchiveConfiguratio
n.java

> <manifest> in there is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-a
rchiver/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiver/ManifestConfiguration.ja
va

> though you can add your own manifestFile instead of a
> manifest element.

I'll check into these resources.  Worst case, I guess I try out
Maven-2's new plug-in development interface.  I suppose it would be nice
to just include a manifest file in the POM's
automatically include a custom manifest that I specify in the JAR just
like I can tell maven to include other resources like property and XML
files.